The Wonderful Lizard of Foz

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

PODFART: The Pod F. Tompkast with Paul F. Tompkins



For my fifth Podfart is for the Pod F. Tompkast, an absolutely brilliant podcast from Paul F. Tompkins.
It is without a doubt,  the classiest podcast that I listen to. Paul is joined by Eban Schletter on piano, and Jen Kirkman on phone. I can't really do the podcast much justice with my words, and I guess that's not what the Podfart is about, so here are some pictures! Some justice pictures!

It started with the hair. He has a fine head of hair, Mr. Paul F. Tompkins. I told him so on twitter and showed him the above picture and he made it his profile pic for a while, which tickled me pink.

Here's the finished product. If you're not familiar with the podcast, Paul is pictured with the members of the Great Undiscovered Project, which are from left to right; John Lithgow, Garry Marshall, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, Ice T, Cake Boss, John C. Reilly and Mr Brainwash.

The response to this poster was pretty incredible, and probably the biggest response that I've had to date! Lots of lovely comments and reblogging, go have a look at his facebook page!

After I drew the poster, a new member was added to the G.U.P, Mr Werner Herzog. I felt the need to add him to the poster, not only to keep it current, but it balanced it out nicely.

And for the first time on the internet: THE NEW POD F. TOMPKAST POSTER!!!
Looks pretty similar I guess. But there's 100% more Werner Herzog than the last one.

Go and listen to the Pod F. Tompkast here.  Or look it up on iTunes.

Paul is keen to have it turned in to proper poster some time in the future. If you'd like one, let him know on twitter or facebook!

You can find all my previous podcast art on facebook, and you can see what I'm currently up to on twitter.

Next up is 'Get This', with Tony Martin, Ed Kavalee and Richard Marsland!


1 comment:

  1. Without the facial features that could just as easily be Mark Twain.

    ReplyDelete