The Wonderful Lizard of Foz

Sunday, September 4, 2011

PODFART: Can You Take This Photo Please?


My second Podfart is for Justin Hamilton's brilliant podcast, "Can You Take This Photo Please?" with Bron Robinson. If you haven't heard of Justin or his podcast, you're in for a treat. It's a fantastic podcast with some great guests, and Justin Hamilton, to put it simply, is fucking funny. The image was inspired from an idea that Justin had with Brenna Courtney Glazebrook, called 'Shine of the Dead', where everyone inexplicably turns into David Helfgott. It's mentioned in this episode, and it's a cracker. 



Justin's comedy brings up some fantastic imagery, and choosing just one idea was rather difficult. It was very close to being The Stranger with his pet monkey 'Lou', or the two friendly cowboys from 'The Lonely Mountain'. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, listen to the earlier podcasts, as I'd hate to spoil it for you.

'Shine of the Dead' won out in the end because it pretty much had itself drawn in my head before my laughter had died down. 


The response of Justin and his fans to my illustration was awesome to say the least. Fans requested t-shirts and prints, and Justin very kindly suggested I put them up for sale at my RedBubble Store with his blessing. 
He's helped me out with a couple of things since then, the guy is not only hilarious, he's a very kind and generous chap who my wife now wants a cuddle from.


Check out: CAN YOU TAKE THIS PHOTO PLEASE? It's a bloody goodun.


And they're on facebook and twitter, too.


As always, you can pop in to my facebook or twitter accounts to see what I'm currently drawing...


Next week, it's Wil Anderson and Charlie Clausen, and their podcast, TOFOP!


Love Foz.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment